Books are a magical world filled with life, adventure, and knowledge. Reading books also has many health benefits, such as reducing stress, alleviating depression, and strengthening the brain. To celebrate reading and literature this post is all about inspiration and answers to common questions on gifts for book lovers.
What do Book Lovers Want?
To answer this question of what to buy a bookworm, think of ways to support their habit. Buy them gift cards to their local bookstore or coffee shop. Supply them with plenty of coffee and treats to enjoy while reading. Make their reading time more comfortable and cozy with items such as socks, blankets, mugs, and apparel.
What Book can I Give as a Gift?
Ask them if they have a book wish list. Another personal option would be to gift one of your favorites with a note of why it is meaningful to you and why you want to share it with them.
What Do You Put in a Book Lovers Gift Basket?
Small knickknacks that celebrate their love for books, delicious treats, tumblers, small gift cards, candles, and reading journals all make great options for a book lover's gift basket.
Is a Book a Good Birthday Present?
Like any gift, if it is personal to them and has meaning, it is a good present. Ideas for picking the right books for them are two questions up.
1. Library Card Socks, $10 at Uncommon Goods
These socks are a fun novelty for them to wear while lounging about reading.
2. Tequila Mockingbird, $8 at Amazon
They will have fun creating literary cocktails with this recipe book.
3. Library Collection Candle, $12+ at Amazon
These travel candles combine literary quotes with custom fragrances.
4. Novelty Mug (Similar Style), $10 at Owl Behave
This mug will make their reading session cozier.
5. Book Club Journal, $10 at Justin Ryan Books
With this journal, they will be able to log their reads, and it comes with an extra for a friend. You can find a more detailed spiral option here.
6. Personalized Book Page Holder, $6+ at IDEA Wood Company
Add their name and a special message to this handmade book page holder.
7. Blind Date with a Book (Similar Style), $15 at The Bookish Pineapple
This creative book club package sends them a surprise book from your choice of genre.
8. Book Quote Pencils, $7+ at Maple and Grace
Add some personality to their pencils with these book quotes.
9. Magnetic Bookmark, $3 at Spicy Apricots
This cute spin on not being finished will hold their place in their book.
10. Book Quote Tea Bags, $14+ at Victoria Mae Designs
Insightful quotes on tea bags make for a lively and practical gift. If shipping to the US, here is a similar option.
Shop Book Gifts Under $15
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
—Charles W. Eliot
1. Personal Library Kit, $22 at Amazon
This kit has everything they need to lend books and ensure they can get them back. There is a custom library stamp version here.
2. Literary Candles, $25 at Moon Geek Candle Co
Choose two candles from a wide selection of book-inspired scents.
3. Library Card Tote Bag, $20 at Uncommon Goods
A fun and unique way to carry their books.
4. Literature Necklace, $23+ at Authored Adornments
You can give them a jewelry piece dedicated to one of their favorite books.
5. Book Print Scarf (Similar Style), $22 at Aslidesign
A novelty piece to add character to their outfit.
6. Classic Books, $12+ at Bookishly UK
Pick their favorite book from a variety of titles, and they will come with exclusive dust jackets.
7. Checklist Tea Spoon, $19 at Studio by the Shore
A sweet trinket for the tea and book lover.
8. Book Coaster Set, $22 at Cheltenham Road
Vintage due date cards make up these coasters.
9. Book Pouch, $22 at Well Read Company
The seller has various book options in their shop, and this bag is versatile for any use. This version is based on Pride and Prejudice, one of my favorites.
10. Recycled Book Page Roses, $19+ at kC2 Designs
These roses are hand-sculpted and recycled, making them a specialty decor piece for any room.
Shop Book Gifts Under $25
“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.”
1. The Storymatic Game, $30 at Amazon
This game allows them to be a storyteller.
2. The Book About You, $30 at In The Book
Gift them a book personalized to them, all you need is their birth date.
3. Customized Art Print, $29+ at Laura Row Studio
Customize this art piece to display their favorite books.
4. Book Icon Pajamas, $40+ at Catalog Favorites
These icon pajamas will make for a useful gift.
5. Upcycled Custom Book Art (Similar Style), $35+ at Pretty in Paper by Kelly
Give them a personal piece to display on their bookshelf with this custom book art.
6. Cozy Blanket, $37 at Amazon
Gift them a comfy blanket to enjoy their reading time.
7. Book Sweatshirt, $27 at Life and Lemons Company
A nod to their favorite pastime, this sweatshirt can be a cozy addition to their reading time or worn out and about to showcase their love for books.
8. Vintage Book Planter, $45+ at My Booklandia
This book planter would add an interesting decor piece to their reading room. This seller has several theme options in their shop.
9. Book Cover (Similar Style), $14+ at Floral Flamingo Shop
This book cover includes a ribbon that allows them to multi-task and not lose their place.
10. Book Clock (Similar Style), $44+ at My Booklandia
This book clock makes a unique art piece, and the seller has several title options in their shop.
Shop Book Gifts Under $50
Share your favorite gifts for book lovers or the best book gift you've received in the comments below. For more on how books can positively improve your physical and mental health, read this article from Healthline.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.