Books are a magical world filled with life, adventure, and knowledge. Reading books also has many health benefits, such as reducing stress, alleviating depression, and strengthening the brain. To celebrate reading and literature, I'm sharing gift inspiration and answers to common questions on gifts for book lovers.
What do Book Lovers Want?
To answer this question of what to buy a bookworm, think of ways to support their habit. Buy them gift cards to their local bookstore or coffee shop. Supply them with plenty of coffee and treats to enjoy while reading. Make their reading time more comfortable and cozy with items such as socks, blankets, mugs, and apparel.
What Book can I Give as a Gift?
Ask them if they have a book wish list. Another personal option would be to gift them one of your favorites with a note of why it's important to you.
What Do You Put in a Book Lovers Gift Basket?
Small knickknacks that celebrate their love for books, delicious treats, tumblers, small gift cards, candles, and reading journals all make great options for a book lovers gift basket.
Is a Book a Good Birthday Present?
Like any gift, if it's personal to them and/or has meaning behind it, it's a good present. Pick a book on their wish list or opt for a book that has meaning for you and pair it with a note explaining what makes it special to you and why you want to share it with them.
1. Library Card Socks, $10 at Uncommon Goods
These socks are a fun novelty for them to wear while lounging about reading.
2. Tequila Mockingbird, $8 at Amazon
They'll have fun creating literary cocktails with this book.
3. Library Collection Candle, $12+ at Amazon
These travel candles combine literary quotes with custom fragrances.
4. Novelty Mug, $13 at Big Book Lover Shop
This mug will help them get through to one chapter.
5. Book Club Journal, $10 at Justin Ryan Books
With this journal, they'll be able to log their reads and it comes with an extra for a friend. A more detailed spiral option can be found here.
6. Personalized Book Page Holder, $6+ at IDEA Wood Company
Add their name and a special message to this handmade book page holder.
7. Blind Date with a Book, $12+ at Six Things Shop
This creative book club box sends them a surprise book with details of the book and a card.
8. Book Quote Pencils, $7+ at Maple and Grace
Add some personality to their pencils with these book quotes.
9. Magnetic Bookmark, $3 at Spicy Apricots
This cute spin on not being finished will hold their place in their book.
10. Book Quote Tea Bags, $11+ at Victoria Mae Designs
Insightful quotes on tea bags make for a lively and practical gift.
Shop Book Gifts Under $15
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
—Charles W. Eliot
1. Personal Library Kit, $20 at Amazon
This kit has everything they need to lend books and ensure they can get them back. There's a custom library stamp version here.
2. Literary Candles, $16 at Uncommon Goods
This candle celebrates a memorable moment from a classic book with 4 book selections to choose from.
3. Library Card Tote Bag, $20 at Uncommon Goods
A fun and unique way to carry their books.
4. Literature Necklace, $23+ at Authored Adornments
Give them a jewelry piece dedicated to one of their favorite books.
5. Book Print Scarf, $25 at Rooby Lane
A novelty piece to add character to their outfit.
6. Classic Books, $25 at Bookishly UK
Pick three books from a variety of titles, and they'll come with exclusive dust jackets.
7. Checklist Tea Spoon, $19 at Studio by the Shore
A sweet trinket for the tea and book lover.
8. Book Coaster Set, $20 at Cheltenham Road
Vintage due date cards are used to make up these coasters.
9. Book Pouch, $17 at Well Read Company
The seller has a variety of book options in their shop, and this bag is versatile for any use. This version is based on Pride and Prejudice, one of my favorites.
10. Recycled Book Page Roses, $17+ at kC2 Designs
These roses are hand-sculpted and recycled, making it a specialty decor piece for any room.
Shop Book Gifts Under $25
“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.”
1. The Storymatic Game, $30 at Amazon
This game allows them to be the storyteller.
2. The Book About You, $30 at In The Book
Gift them a book personalized to them, all you need is their birth date.
3. Customized Art Print, $25+ at Laura Row Studio
Customize this art piece to display their favorite books.
4. Book Icon Pajamas, $40+ at Catalog Favorites
These icon pajamas will make for a useful gift.
5. Upcycled Custom Book Art, $35+ at JoJosReticules
Give them a personal piece to display on their bookshelf with this custom book art.
6. Cozy Blanket, $35 at Amazon
Gift them a comfy blanket to enjoy their reading time.
7. Book Sweatshirt, $27 at Life and Lemons Company
A nod to their favorite pastime, this sweatshirt can be a cozy addition to their reading time or worn out and about to showcase their love for books.
8. Vintage Book Planter, $44 at My Booklandia
This book planter would add an interesting decor piece to their reading room. This seller has several theme options in their shop.
9. Hands-Free Book Holder, $34+ at Bookish Goods Studio
This book holder allows them to multi-task and not lose their place.
10. Book Clock, $44+ at My Booklandia
This book clock makes a unique art piece, and the seller has several title options in their shop.
Shop Book Gifts Under $50
Share your favorite gifts for book lovers or the best book gift you've received in the comments below. For more on how books can positively improve your physical and mental health, read this article from Healthline.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may be used in posts.