Wedding anniversary gifts are a time-honored tradition that commemorates the couple and their marriage growth during each year and is symbolized by customary items reflecting the strength and establishment gained. In this post, we'll be covering the traditional 2nd-anniversary gift, cotton, everything it symbolizes, answers to common questions, and gift inspiration.
For a detailed look and full list of each year, visit our Anniversary Gifts in Years post.
How Many Years is a Cotton Anniversary?
Two years, cotton is the traditional 2nd wedding anniversary gift.
Why is Cotton the 2nd-Anniversary Gift?
During the second year of marriage, the two people intertwined as one become stronger and more comfortable, much like the fibers of cotton.
What is a Cotton Anniversary Gift?
Anything made of or related to cotton is what makes a cotton anniversary gift. A few unique interpretations of gifting cotton are canvas prints, cotton incorporated jewelry, cotton roses, and cotton scented candles. Some people have even modernized this gift to be cotton-candy inspired.
What Should I Do for My 2nd Wedding Anniversary?
There are several great ways to celebrate your cotton anniversary, whether it's by capturing memories or making new ones.
Make your gift a memento with small household keepsakes such as monogrammed napkins, cotton bolls, and candles. All of these serve as a gift for daily use. Accessories in the realm of handkerchiefs, cufflinks, and jewelry make wearable tokens of your love.
Start living your long-time plans by knocking off a travel destination from your bucket list and get something cotton from a favorite spot or event. Another option is to buy tickets to your next destination and pin it on a world map for your loved one to open.
What Do I Get My Wife for Our Second Anniversary?
Sentimental everyday items are a sweet choice for her, such as home accessories and artwork. Jewelry with a nod to cotton is always a nice gesture as well.
What do I get my Husband for our Second Anniversary?
Practical and relatable gifts are great ideas for him. Tie cotton into your gift in a small way with cufflinks, ties, and valet trays.
What Do You Get for a Second Wedding Anniversary?
Articles of clothing, such as socks, pajamas, robes, and t-shirts, are a common match for cotton gifts. They are comfortable and can be personalized with a monogram or message for your loved one.
Additional unique ideas are string or soundwave art and love notes or star charts printed on canvas or blankets.
There are lots of cotton anniversary gift ideas below by price point for your convenience.
1. Marriage Tea Towel (Similar Style), $12 at Personalised Gifts 101
Tea towels add a little personality to the kitchen.
2. Cotton Watercolor Print (Similar Style), $15+ at Hippie Hoppy
This cotton boll print makes a meaningful home decor item.
3. Sole Mates Socks, $10 at Pieridae Gifts
A cute and practical spin on soul mates.
4. Cotton Scented Candle, (Similar Style) $6+ at 3 Sisters Candle Co
Be simple and creative with this cotton-scented candle.
5. Cotton Boll Bouquet, $15+ at Our Vintage Bungalow
This cotton bouquet makes a nice memento to mark the 2nd anniversary.
6. Heart Keepsake, $15 at Little Creative Place
This heart keepsake is a sweet gesture to be treasured.
7. Anniversary Flag, $12 at Amy Lucy Designs
Hang up this anniversary flag for a daily reminder of your special day.
8. Cotton Ornament (Similar Style), $8+ at Southern Nature
A cherished ornament to bring out during the holidays.
9. Family Tree Cross Stitch (Similar Style), $10 at Handmade by JMT
A ready-to-gift keepsake.
10. Personalized Tote Bag (Similar Style), $14 at Mod Party
Display her name in metallic shine on this tote bag.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $15
1. Personalized Lavender Sachet (Similar Style), $15 at Cari Joy Designs
This is a great way to help them relax and unwind before bed.
2. Custom Bag (Similar Style), $15 at Luminous Studio Co
Mark this tote with a special meaning for the two of you.
3. Personalized Apron, $24 at Nancys Design Studio
There's an option to get a matching apron if you like to cook together.
4. Watercolor Makeup Bag, $16 at PCB Home
Pick from 7 flower options to put on the front of this watercolor makeup bag.
5. Personalized Cotton Tie Patch, $18+ at Shannah J Smith
A custom tie patch is a great pair with a tie.
6. Wedding Song Tea Towel (Similar Style), $17 at The Grey Anchor
This personalized song lyric tea towel is a sweet remembrance of your first dance.
7. Cotton Rose, $18+ at Super Awwwsome
Gift one single rose or an entire bouquet.
8. Last Name Pillow Cover (Similar Style), $21+ at Luck Ten
This decorative pillow would make a nice addition to a chair.
9. Drawstring Jewelry Pouch (Similar Style), $20 at Susan Amira Design
This jewelry pouch comes with pockets for small earrings.
10. Cotton Printed Mug, $17 at Red Bubble
If they love coffee mugs, this is an interpretation of cotton gifts they'll enjoy.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $25
1. Carved Tree Print (Similar Style), $29 at Amazon
You'll always have a special tree with this personalized canvas print.
2. Cotton Boll Necklace, $49 at Agri Jewelry
This Sterling Silver necklace is hypoallergenic, and if cared for, can last a lifetime.
3. Cotton Handkerchief, $39 at LiL Inspirations
This embroidered handkerchief is a classic and masculine gift choice.
4. First Dance Song Cotton Print, $29 at Amazon
This cotton print of your song is sure to be appreciated.
5. Matching Pajamas Set (Similar Style), $43 at Amy Lucy Designs
These matching pajamas are fun and comfy.
6. Sterling Silver Cotton Heart Bracelet, $42 at Kerry Louise Boutique
This bracelet makes for something simple and sweet she can wear every day.
7. Personalized Camping Blanket, $47+ at With Congratulations
Keep them cozy with this personalized outdoor blanket.
8. Organic Cotton Candy Set (Similar Style), $22 at Nuage Cotton Candy
For a slightly modern take on the traditional gift option, this gourmet cotton candy comes in several unique flavors.
9. Story of Us Timeline Print (Similar Style), $37+ at Wandering Fables
A timeline of your story is a sweet walk through memory lane.
10. Song Lyric Pillow, $48+ at Dove And David
Display your wedding song on this pillow cover.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $50
1. Cotton Boll Wreath (Similar Style), $50+ at Crafted by Tabitha
This cotton boll wreath would look beautiful on the front door.
2. State String Art (Similar Style), $97 at Art Studio Levitana
This state string art is a unique piece to display in your home. There's also an option for one state only.
3. Cotton Cufflinks, $89+ at Paper Anniversary Love
I paired cufflinks and a tie clip with a french cuff shirt for Josh.
4. Custom Watercolor Portrait (Similar Style), $62+ at Charming Blush
Take your favorite photo from your special day and have it put on a cotton canvas print.
5. Custom Cotton Trays, $79+ at Paper Anniversary Love
These trays are a personalized way to keep organized.
6. Couples Monogrammed Spa Robes (Similar Style), $70+ at Embroidery by Cathy
His and her personalized robes allow for relaxing weekend mornings.
7. Canvas Weekender (Similar Style), $72 at The Stitch Barn Store
A practical gift you can personalize with their monogram.
8. Crochet Cotton Rose, $64 at Looong Needle
This handmade rose will last forever.
9. Custom Star Map Blanket, $90+ at Blushing Drops
This is a truly personalized blanket to cozy up with.
10. Personalized Love Letter, $67 at Paper Jewelry Design
A special way to write a love letter.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $100
Be sure to note below your favorite cotton anniversary gift ideas and how you and your significant other celebrated. We hope it's a beautiful one, and we wish you continued happiness as you embark on your third year of marriage!
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.