Wedding anniversary gifts are a time-honored tradition that commemorates the couple and the growth of their marriage during each year and is symbolized by customary items reflecting the strength and establishment gained. In this post, we'll be covering the traditional 2nd-anniversary gift, cotton, everything it symbolizes, answers to common questions, and gift inspiration.
How Many Years is a Cotton Anniversary?
Two years, cotton is the traditional 2nd wedding anniversary gift.
Why is Cotton the 2nd-Anniversary Gift?
During the second year of marriage, the two people intertwined as one become stronger and more comfortable, much like the fibers of cotton.
What is a Cotton Anniversary Gift?
Anything made of or related to cotton is what makes a cotton anniversary gift. A few unique interpretations of gifting cotton are canvas prints, cotton incorporated jewelry, cotton roses, and cotton scented candles. Some people have even modernized this gift to be cotton candy inspired.
What Should I Do for My 2nd Wedding Anniversary?
There are several great ways to celebrate your cotton anniversary, whether it's by capturing memories or making new ones.
Making gifts mementos: Small household keepsakes such as monogrammed napkins, cotton bolls, and candles serve as a gift they can get daily use out of. Accessories in the realm of handkerchiefs, cufflinks, and jewelry make wonderful wearable tokens of your love.
Bringing life to plans: Knock off a travel destination from your bucket list and get something cotton from a favorite spot or event. Another option is to buy tickets to your next destination and pin it on a world map for your loved one to open.
What Do I Get My Wife for Our Second Anniversary?
Sentimental everyday items are a sweet choice for her, such as home accessories and artwork. Jewelry with a nod to cotton is always a nice gesture as well.
What do I get my Husband for our Second Anniversary?
Practical and relatable gifts are great ideas for him. Tie cotton into your gift in a small way with cufflinks, ties, and valet trays.
What Do You Get for a Second Wedding Anniversary?
Articles of clothing, such as socks, pajamas, robes, and t-shirts, are a common match for cotton gifts. They are comfortable and can be personalized with a monogram or message for your loved one.
Additional unique ideas are string or soundwave art, and love notes or star charts printed on canvas or blankets.
There are lots of cotton anniversary gift ideas below by price point.
Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $15
1. Marriage Tea Towel, $11 at The Tbird
Tea towels add a little personality to the kitchen.
2. Cotton Bolls Archival Prints, $9+ at Littlecatdraw
These cotton boll prints are a meaningful home decor item.
3. Sole Mates Socks, $12 at Its Your Turn Socks
A cute and practical spin on soul mates.
4. Cotton Scented Candle, $ 12+ at A to Z Candles
Be simple and creative with this cotton scented candle.
5. Cotton Boll Bouquet, $15+ at Our Vintage Bungalow
This cotton bouquet makes a nice memento to mark the 2nd anniversary.
6. Heart Keepsake, $12 at Little Creative Place
This heart keepsake is a sweet gesture to be treasured.
7. Anniversary Flag, $11 at Amy Lucy Designs
Hang up this anniversary flag for a daily reminder of your special day.
8. Cotton Ornament, $14 at Inspirations By Kayla
A cherished ornament to bring out during the holidays.
9. Embroidered Tree Frame, $9+ at Tailorbirds
Customize this embroidery with your names, initials, and/or wedding date.
10. Personalized Tote Bag, $13 at BD Activewear
Display her name in metallic shine or sparkly glitter on this tote bag.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $15
Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $25
1. Personalized Lavender Sachet, $15+ at Gardenmis
This is a great way to help them relax and unwind before bed.
2. Custom Map Bag, $16 at Thread Squirrel
Mark a place that has special meaning for the two of you with this map bag.
3. Personalized Apron, $24 at Nancys Design Studio
There's an option to get a matching apron if you like to cook together.
4. Watercolor Makeup Bag, $16 at PCB Home
Pick from 7 flower options to put on the front of this watercolor makeup bag.
5. Personalized Cotton Tie Patch, $18+ at Shannah J Smith
A custom tie patch is a great pair with a tie.
6. Wedding Song Tea Towel (Similar Style), $15 at The Grey Anchor
This personalized song lyric tea towel is a sweet remembrance of your first dance.
7. Handmade Cotton Rose, $22 at Daphne Rosa
This cotton rose also comes with a personalized bottle ready to display.
8. Last Name Pillow Cover, $19+ at The White Hutch Co
This decorative pillow would make a nice addition to a chair.
9. Drawstring Jewelry Pouch, $24 at Lovely Surprise Studio
This jewelry pouch comes with pockets for small earrings.
10. Cotton Printed Mug, $16 at Red Bubble
If they love coffee mugs, this is an interpretation of cotton gifts they'll enjoy.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $25
Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $50
1. Carved Tree Print, $29 at Amazon
You'll always have a special tree with this personalized canvas print.
2. Cotton Boll Necklace, $49 at Agri Jewelry
This Sterling Silver necklace is hypoallergenic, and if cared for, can last a lifetime.
3. Cotton Handkerchief, $39 at LiL Inspirations
This embroidered handkerchief is a classic and masculine gift choice.
4. First Dance Song Cotton Print, $29 at Amazon
This cotton print of your song is sure to be appreciated.
5. Matching Pajamas Set, $48 at RU Gifts Co
These matching pajamas are fun and comfy.
6. Sterling Silver Cotton Heart Bracelet, $40 at Kerry Louise Boutique
This bracelet makes for something simple and sweet she can wear every day.
7. Personalized Camping Blanket, $44+ at With Congratulations
Keep them cozy with this personalized outdoor blanket.
8. Infused Cotton Candy Puff, $22 at Puff Delights
For a slightly modern take on the traditional gift option, this grown-up cotton candy makes for a fun date night cocktail.
9. Story of Us Timeline Print, $48+ at Bee Happy Art
A timeline of your story is a sweet walk through memory lane.
10. Song Lyric Pillow, $46 at Finch and Cotter
Display your wedding song on this pillow cover.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $50
Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $100
1. Cotton Boll Wreath, $59 at Wreath Decor by Susan
This cotton boll wreath would look beautiful on the front door.
2. State String Art (Similar Style), $94+ at Art Studio Levitana
This state string art is a unique piece to display in your home. There's also an option for one state only.
3. Cotton Cufflinks, $89+ at Paper Anniversary Love
I paired cufflinks and a tie clip with a french cuff shirt for Josh.
4. Custom Watercolor Portrait, $96+ at U on Walls Custom Art
Take your favorite photo from your special day and have it put on a cotton canvas print.
5. Custom Cotton Trays, $79+ at Paper Anniversary Love
These trays are a personalized way to keep organized.
6. Couples Monogrammed Spa Robes, $88+ at Monogram Works
His and her personalized robes allow for relaxing weekend mornings.
7. Canvas Weekender, $63 at Southern My Sass
A practical gift you can personalize with their monogram.
8. Crochet Cotton Rose, $61 at Looong Needle
This handmade rose will last forever.
9. Custom Star Map Blanket, $95+ at The Modish Home
This is a truly personalized blanket to cozy up with.
10. Personalized Love Letter, $63 at Paper Jewelry Design
A special way to write a love letter.
Shop Cotton Anniversary Gifts Under $100
Be sure to note below your favorite cotton anniversary gift ideas and how you and your significant other celebrated. We hope it's a beautiful one, and we wish you continued happiness as you embark on your third year of marriage!
Until next time,
Affiliate links may be used in posts.