College graduation is a milestone worth celebrating, and to show your pride, you may want to give your graduate a gift. In this post, we're sharing answers to common questions and inspiration for graduation gifts.
Do You Give a Gift to a College Graduate?
Graduation gifts are not obligatory and are dependent on your relationship with the graduate. To help you determine if you should give a gift or not, treat graduation as a life event, would you send a gift for their wedding or baby shower? If you would gift for other life events, you may want to give a gift, and if you wouldn't, a card of congratulations will suffice.
What is an Appropriate Gift for College Graduation?
Cash is a common one for graduation and allows them to put the money towards personal expenses such as business attire, relocating, career services, etc.
Gift cards to places like Loft and Men's Wearhouse will give them a working wardrobe.
Tools to help them in the job hunt would be well appreciated, including a LinkedIn premium subscription, and resume editing and interview coaching services.
Below are several ideas to help with being in the office or the interview process.
What is the Average Money Gift for College Graduation?
For close relationships, anywhere between $50 and $100, or more if you desire. For more casual relationships such as friends or acquaintances, $15 -$30 is a good range.
What Do You Give as a Graduation Gift?
Sentimental gifts to mark the occasion are sweet and personal. Items to embark on their new career make great choices as well. Listed below are our top ten gifts for a college graduate.
1. Office Parody Book, $13 at Amazon
This parody book will give them a laugh about what they're in for with corporate life.
2. Travel Coffee and Tea Press, $33 at Amazon
Save them from office coffee with this travel press.
3. Business Card Holder, $16+ at Mrs My Laurie
Give them a stylish impression with this personalized business cardholder.
4. Lucky Bamboo Plant, $17 at Amazon
This plant will wish them luck in their next chapter.
5. Carry-on Luggage, $150 at Travelpro
Good quality carry-on luggage would be great for any job requiring travel.
6. Graduation Etched Wine Bottle, $45 at Mano's Wine
This custom wine bottle makes for a nice keepsake.
7. Personalized Graduation Blanket, $50+ at Personalization Mall
This blanket will capture special memories for them to back on.
8. Personalized Pen and Case, $80 at Memorable Gifts
A custom pen is a timeless and practical gift.
9. Keepsake Mug, $18+ at Ever After Bucks
Customize this mug to give them a sweet keepsake. Here is the link to the guy version.
10. Leather Keychain, $10 at Tagsmith
You can personalize this keychain to have their initials, school, and graduation year.
Shop Graduation Gifts
"Your path is your character defining itself more and more every day, like a photograph coming into focus."
What is a Good Graduation Gift for College Girls?
Sentimental gifts for her would include candles, jewelry, trinket dishes, small bags, and vases. Feminine options for her career are novelty journals, laptop bags, and planners. Check out below our top ten graduation gifts for her.
1. Shop Talk Padfolio, $40 at Amazon
This novelty padfolio will give their notes some personality.
2. Laptop Bag, $49 at Amazon
She'll be ready for business with this laptop bag.
3. Candle, $33 at Kindred Fires
Personalized this candle with her name, school, and major.
4. Personalized Bracelet $29+ at Korena Loves
This custom bracelet has space on the inside for words of encouragement or a special note.
5. Monogram Makeup Bag, $17 at High Star Designs
The monogram and bag colors can be matched to their school or favorite colors.
6. Desk Planner, $33 at Amazon
This planner will help keep them organized.
7. Engraved Vase, $105 at Things Remembered
Pair this custom engraved vase with flowers for a beautiful and elegant gift.
8. Custom Trinket Dish, $35 at Zinnia Designs
This handmade trinket dish is a useful memento.
9. Compact Mirror, $40 at Things Remembered
Put an inspirational quote or her name on this compact mirror.
10. Lotus Flower Necklace, $50 at Dogeared
This necklace comes with a congratulations card ready to gift.
Shop Graduation Gifts for Her
"Intelligence plus character — that is the goal of true education."
—Martin Luther King Jr.
What is a Good Graduation Gift for College Guys?
Sentimental gifts for him are items in the realm of wallet inserts, pocket knives, and jewelry. Masculine options for his career are cuff links, portfolios, and messenger bags. Check out below our top ten graduation gifts for him.
1. Monogrammed Cuff Links, $95 at Things Remembered
They'll look sharp on their first day with these cuff links.
2. Personalized Leather Portfolio, $46 at DM Leather Studio
They'll be interview ready with this portfolio.
3. Tie, $13 at Amazon
A neutral tie will be needed for interviews and business meetings.
4. Engraved Watch, $150 at Treehut
Help him keep on time with a stylish watch.
5. Messenger Bag, $112 at Amazon
He'll be ready for business with this messenger bag.
6. Pocket Knife, $33 at Three Witts
A practical keepsake for him.
7. Leather Money Clip, $30+ at North Star Engraving
Personalize this money clip with their monogram or a message.
8. AirPods Earbud Case, $20 at Engraved Gift For You
This case would pair well with AirPods and is made for generation 1 and 2. The pro case link can be found here.
9. Engraved Wallet Insert, $25+ at Stamps of Love 4
They'll always have a sweet sentiment from their parents with this insert.
10. Morse Code Bracelet, $32 at N R Infinity
Write them a personal message in Morse code that they can wear casually.
Shop Graduation Gifts for Him
When it comes to life events, like college graduation, a present can help them feel recognized for their accomplishment. Be sure to share your favorite graduation gift ideas in the comments below.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may be used in posts.