Valentine's Day did not get its start as the essence of romance full of roses, hearts, or endless amounts of chocolate, but it has made us take time out of our busy lives to stop and tell our most valued people we love them. Through small tokens of appreciation or grand gestures, we all appreciate a show of affection, and in this post, we've got some of the best valentine's gifts to share with you.
What are Cute Ideas for Valentines Day?
There are two ways to go about your Valentine's Day gifts. You can take this celebration of love literally with red and pink heart-shaped everything, or you can gift them something that still says I love you without actually saying it. Both options can be sweet and romantic, and the choice on which one to go with is dependent on your guy or gal's personality.
When thinking of ideas, a valentine rose is a classic, but flower gifts may seem ordinary and nonexclusive. There are unique ways to give them by opting for conversation roses, roses in the shape of animals such as a bear or a dog, and rose petal teas, which all take a fun spin on basic valentines flowers. An Eco-friendly way to save on energy and fuel used by a bouquet is to gift your valentine a potted plant. Choose a plant in a heart-shaped or love associated planter to keep it cute and festive.
What are the Most Popular Gifts for Valentine's Day?
While flowers are the usual first choice, chocolates are another common go-to gift you both can enjoy, and who wouldn't want a decadent truffle collection? Spa gifts are romantic, and options such as a couples massage, a facial, or a bubble bath gift set are nice relaxation gifts for her or him. Jewelry is another popular item; a locket for her or a watch for him with an engraved message makes for a personable keepsake.
Is Valentine's Day for Guys?
Valentine's day is about celebrating the love of two people, so if he's in the relationship, then yes, it's for him too. With that said, Valentine's Day can feel like a celebration geared toward women with all the hearts, and color pink everywhere, but picking out gifts for him isn't as hard as you may think.
For starters, most men wouldn't be opposed to all of the food goodies out there. Something in the realm of his hobbies or interests is always a good go-to, like a brewing book- coffee or beer, or tickets to his favorite sports game or to see his favorite band. Common jewelry gifts for him are a watch and cufflinks.
For more specific men's options, visit my Gifts for Him post.
1. Fishing Hook Keepsake, $11 at Amazon
For the fisherman.
2. Personalized Hidden Message Tie, $50 at Personal Creations
A subtle way to personalize a tie.
3. Custom Photo Wallet, $26+ at Pacific Customs
A truly personalized wallet with your favorite photo together.
4. Fondue Set, $40 at Amazon
A great gift for a unique date night at home.
5. I Love You More Mug, $20+ at Her 2nd Chance
A fun spin on a loving phrase.
6. Messages in a Bottle, $10 at Amazon
Write personalized sweet messages to your loved one with this gift.
7. Tiny Box of Date Nights, $19 at Sweet Bella Stationery
Inspiration for unique and fun ideas.
8. Artisan Macarons, $50 at Harry & David
These make for a delicious treat.
9. Valentine Coupon Book, $30+ at Love Coups
This book has customizable characters and editable coupons.
10. Lovestruck Gift Card, $80+ at Man Crates
A fun way to open a digital gift card, and he gets to pick the location.
Shop Valentine's Day Gifts for Him
What are Romantic Gifts?
Making the gift personal to them and your relationship is a sweet touch of romance. A way to do this is through a keepsake like a piece of artwork showcasing your song, capturing your love story in a book, or putting photos of your favorite memories on a blanket.
A handwritten love letter or poem isn't a common gift these days, but in my opinion, it has the most romantic feel of all. It displays your affections in a way that they don't hear every day.
If you know their love language, this can also help you find a gift that's romantic for them. The 5 love languages are all about identifying each other's needs because the way they receive love may not be the way you receive it. For example, you may think reservations at a 5-star restaurant is the most romantic way to have dinner, when for them it may be you cooking them dinner and doing the dishes.
Learn more about the 5 love languages here.
Making the night about the two of you with a date night catered to your personalities is a fun and romantic way to celebrate as well. If none of the options given above feel right for you, think about your conversations lately. What is something you've been saying you want to do, or is there something you can knock off that bucket list?
1. Custom Scannable Song Art, $13+ at Amazon
An instant reminder of your song.
2. Personalized Calendar Keychain, $10+ at My Hand Word
Mark an important date with this keychain.
3. Heart Locket, $36 at Amazon
Customize this sterling silver necklace with a photo or a sweet message inside.
4. Heart-Shaped Hoya Plant, $28 at The Longevity Garden
Hoya plants are long-lasting and easy to care for.
5. Rose Scented Spa Gift Basket, $40 at Amazon
A sweet and relaxing gift.
6. Love Petals Tea Tin Set, $30 at Adagio Teas
A bit of romance for the tea lover. Try these heart-shaped tea bags for a more novel option.
7. Conversation Heart Soap Gift Set, $15 at Sunbasilgarden Soap
A fun take on a timeless valentine's candy.
8. LoveBook, $60 at Love Book
Gift her your personalized love story.
9. Personalized Money Case, $17 at Jellies Design
This wallet is made from vegan leather.
10. Customized Photo Throw, $125 at Collage
A unique and cozy way to display photos.
Shop Valentine's Day Gifts for Her
What do You Get Someone for Valentine's Day?
Traditional Valentine's Day gift ideas include flowers, specifically red roses, chocolates, cards, jewelry, and spa gifts. The gift also tends to be accompanied by a date night for the two of you.
Sometimes it's nice to stay in, and you'll find inspiration on our Date Night at Home Ideas post. A romantic idea would be to gift them an item for date nights, like a fondue pot, and surprise them by using it right then. Of course, don't forget to buy all the ingredients ahead of time. If neither of you cooks, don't worry, you can order a gourmet meal to be delivered or get take-out from your favorite restaurant.
1. Personalizable M&M’S, $20 at M&M’S
Surprise them with a special message on these classic candies.
2. Valentine's Day Truffles, $50 at Harry & David
This assortment comes in a keepsake box.
3. Decadent Chocolate Fondue, $20 at Uncommon Goods
This will pair well with the fondue set.
4. Mini Heart-Shaped Oreos Gift Box, $15 at Lady Sweet Cakes NC
A chocolatey take on a cookie favorite.
5. Chocolate Biscotti, $25 at Amazon
A great coffee-time treat.
6. Wine & Chocolate Pairing Box, $27 at Dallman Confections
There are also spirits and cheese pairing options.
7. Why Choose? Chocolate Bar, $15 at Uncommon Goods
This one bar has eight different flavors to enjoy.
8. Hot Chocolate Bombs Box, $27 at Kiki Bakeshop
A perfect pairing for a night by the fire.
9. Mini Truffle Box, $11 at Williams Sonoma
A white chocolate and strawberry gourmet option.
10. Chocolate Covered Strawberries, $25 at Lady A's Pastries
You can also opt for chocolate-covered cherries.
Shop Valentine's Day Chocolates
1. Relaxation Gift Box, $25 at Amazon
This bouquet is made of soapy scented petals.
2. Eternity Red Rose, $30 at Amazon
A real rose with edges dipped in 24K gold.
3. Personalized Rose Teddy Bear, $29+ Personalised By Pic Art
A cute celebration of your love.
4. Bloomsy Roses Plan, $45/month at Bloomsy Box
Gift them a fresh bouquet each month.
5. Heart Planter Box, $138 at Olive & Cocoa
An arrangement ready for display.
6. Forever Rose and Necklace Set, $37 at Amazon
A sweet and simple set.
7. Valentine's Balloon Flower, $45+ at Blossom in a Bubble
A creative spin to display their flowers.
8. Chocolate Roses, $23 at Amazon
A bouquet they can eat.
9. Rose Soap, $4 at Seaside Soap Kitchen
Choose from a variety of colors and scents.
10. Miniature Crochet Heart in the Pot, $15 at Fancy Knittles
A sweet and subtle piece to add to your shelf decor.
Shop Valentines Flowers
Valentine's Day is not an official holiday, but it sets a time for you to pull out all the stops and make someone feel special. Remember, it's not about how much you spend, it's about the gesture itself, make it catered to your special person, and they'll be sure to love it. Be sure to comment below with your favorite valentine gifts and way of celebrating.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.