Our latest date night at home had us in the kitchen trying out Turkish coffee making. This is a great way to get some quality time in, whether it's over pastries in the morning or an afternoon cup after a long work day to connect. With few ingredients and a simple recipe you can easily create this coffee experience. Do take note that this post is best for coffee lover couples. ;)
To have a Turkish coffee is to know you're going to set aside an hour or two to socialize with your partner, which creates a relaxing and low-key date environment.
Since we're exploring a bit of Turkish culture, it's important to share that their tradition when enjoying coffee is to have a coffee reading with their friends. Getting inspired by the shapes helps them open conversation and catch up on each other's lives.
Turkish Coffee Recipe
Ingredients | Yields 2 Servings
Cold Filtered Water
2 Heaping Tablespoons Turkish Coffee Ground
Sugar- To Taste
1. Fill two espresso cups with water and add the water, sugar, and coffee to the Turkish coffee pot.
2. Stir to combine ingredients with a spoon and place the pot on the stove with medium heat to bring to a boil.
3. Before it boils, dark foam will form at the top of the pot, remove the foam with a spoon and place it into each cup. Pour a little of the coffee into each cup, filling them halfway.
4. Then, put the remaining coffee back on the stove to continue boiling for about 20 seconds.
5. Pour the rest of the coffee into the cups to the rim.
You'll notice Turkish coffee is different from regular coffee by being highly caffeinated due to being unfiltered, finely ground, and having thicker and foamier texture. The sugar made all the difference for me, as I usually prefer coffee with my cream. Overall, it was pretty tasty.
Shop This Post
We hope you had fun with this date night inspiration. Be sure to share your thoughts on Turkish coffee in the comments below.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.