Gifts for the Eco-Friendly
There are numerous occasions throughout the year that we celebrate with gift-giving. As a part of green living, a way to still participate in these traditional holidays while limiting or reducing the negative impacts that come with buying items and packaging is to opt for eco gifts. We've rounded up our favorite finds and tips to create this sustainable gift guide.
What Should I Get My Eco-Friendly Friend?
Gifts for the eco-friendly should cause minimal or no harm to the environment. A helpful tip is to measure if the gift fits in with the three R's: reduce, reuse, and recycle. Some ideas are reusable notebooks, canvas tote bags, and a water bottle. Scroll down for more unique and personal inspiration.
A great place to start when gifting eco gifts to someone is to try finding an option that matches up with something you know they enjoy. If they love coffee, traveling, and beauty products, some options to look into are the world coffee sampler, a piece of land in the rainforest, bath bombs, candles, and perfume.
Experience gifts are a good go-to here as well, and they don't have to be expensive; treat them to an afternoon at your favorite coffee shop, or take them on a bike ride or hike. Gifting quality time with a fun outing can be a thoughtful and well-loved gift.
What is a Green Gift?
Green gifts are two-fold, they benefit the giftee by having a low impact on the environment, while also benefiting the person giving the gift with cost-efficiency. Regifting gifts that make sense and not previously used help both parties involved. The items shared below and using recycled or fabric wrapping paper, make green gifts for the giftee. For the gifter, the budgetary impact can be reduced by making a handmade gift and using newspaper, gift bags, or bows in like-new condition from previously received gits.
1. Recycled Newspaper Pencil Set, $8+ at By Amber And Rose
These pencils are made from 100% recycled newspaper.
2. Reusable Portable Straw, $5 at Amazon
This reusable straw is perfect for the traveler.
3. Self-Care Candles, $9 at True North Navigation
These candles are made with soy wax from American grown soybeans.
4. Cork Leather Coin Purse, $10 at Nicole Lee Designs
This vegan-friendly cork wallet is durable and easy to clean. It also comes in a variety of patterned fabrics to fit with any personality.
5. Mini Journal, $10 at La Tua Momis
The pages of this journal are made from recycled paper and the tag from plantable paper.
6. Face Mask, $10+ at Every Body Beauty
A handmade mask that deep cleans and exfoliates the skin.
7. Collapsible Travel Cup, $12 at Amazon
A lightweight and convenient choice for hiking or camping enthusiasts.
8. Gourd Ornament (Similar Style), $15 at Nature Pavilion
This is made by artisans in Peru and can be hung year-round as decoration or brought out for the holidays.
9. Lip Balm Set, $13 at Lemonbuzzzsoap
Choose from 8 different blends for this handmade moisturizing lip balm set.
10. Trinket Bowl (Similar Style), $13+ at Cornucopia Clay
A one of a kind and handmade ring dish.
11. Live Green Book, $13 at Barnes & Noble
This sustainable living guide book is great for someone just getting started or wanting to do more.
12. Recycled Newspaper Coasters, $15 at By Amber And Rose
A colorful conversation piece for the table.
13. Tortoise Ring, $13 at NINIco Jewelry
This handmade ring is crack resistant.
14. Tea Towel, $13 at Green Bee KC Tea Towels
This hand-printed succulent hand towel is fun and practical.
15. Mug Cozy (Similar Style), $12 at Buttons and Yarn OH MY
This mug cozy will help keep any beverage warm.
Shop Sustainable Gifts Under $15
"Look after the land and the land will look after you, destroy the land and it will destroy you."
— Aboriginal Proverb
1. Coconut Shell Candle (Similar Style), $25 at Amazon
A sustainable candle with three scents to choose from.
2. Paper Pot Maker, $19 at Amazon
They can make starter pots from paper scraps with this pot maker, or you can keep it yourself and plant seedlings to give as small green gifts.
3. Chocolate Gift Box (Similar Style), $16 at Theo Chocolate
These chocolate treats are organic and fair trade certified.
4. Tote Bag, $18 at Amazon
This handprinted tote is environmentally friendly and supports small businesses.
5. Bath Bombs Gift Set, $21 at Lemonbuzzzsoap
Organic moisturizing bath bombs with a poem and plantable seed paper packaging.
6. Coconut Bowls and Spoons Gift Set, $18 at Amazon
Handcrafted reclaimed coconut shells make a creative gift.
7. Socks That Plant Trees, $18 at Fair Trade Winds
Each pair of socks plants 20 trees.
8. Reusable Beauty Bundle, $15 at Amazon
A green and luxurious gift for any beauty routine.
9. Smart Reusable Notebook, $25 at Amazon
Notes can be wiped away, and the pages reused endlessly with this notebook.
10. Ballpoint Pen, $20 at Fallen Tree Woodshop
This handmade pen is made from naturally fallen trees.
11. Pocket Frisbee, $20+ at Amazon
A convenient pocket game for on the go.
12. Cat Puzzle Box (Similar Style), $23 at Amazon
This unique puzzle is hand carved from natural woods. Guitar and butterfly icons are also available.
13. Natural Soap Gift Set, $23 at Amazon
Handmade natural vegetable soaps in six soothing scents.
14. Llama Journal, $24 at Fair Trade Winds
This journal is made out of cotton waste to achieve tree-free paper pages.
15. Personalized Wood Print (Similar Style), $18 at Prints on Wood
This photo is printed with sustainable water-based inks.
Shop Sustainable Gifts Under $25
"When the soil disappears, the soul disappears."
— Ymber Delecto
1. Piece of Land, $35 at Amazon
They'll get a deed of ownership to 100 square inches and land access to the property in Costa Rica.
2. Eco Glass Water Bottle (Similar Style), $34+ at Ancient Purity
They can stay hydrated with this durable glass bottle and its cork protection.
3. The Growing Candle, $30 at Amazon
This gift goes from candle to potted plant.
4. Peacebomb Bangle, $40 at Fair Trade Winds
This unique bracelet is made from re-purposed military-grade aluminum and helps to clear landmines.
5. Cotton Throw Blanket, $48 at Amazon
This versatile blanket can be used for a cozy night on the couch or a picnic lunch.
6. Paper Mache Necklace, $43 at Sognoametista
This jewelry art collection imitates river rocks.
7. World Coffee Sampler, $46 at Driftaway Coffee
This sampler has taste profiles representing different parts of the world.
8. Jewelry Dish (Similar Style), $34 at Laundry Balls
A one of a kind trinket dish made from recycled paper pulp.
9. Luxury Lavender Spray, $25 at La Vida Essentials
A sustainable and relaxing gift.
10. Solid Perfume, $11 at Earth Sparked
This natural perfume comes in biodegradable packaging and the purchase plants a tree.
11. Self Care Package (Similar Style), $38 at Botany Barn Canada
This care package has the essentials for an at-home wellness routine.
12. Polarized Wood Sunglasses (Similar Style), $46 at Canyon California
These glasses are handmade and stylish.
13. Seaglass Earrings, $38+ at Of Land and Sea Studio
These delicate earrings can be personalized.
14. Wood Watch, $35 at Green Collar Eco Store
A simple and modern watch for men and women.
15. Terrazzo Planter (Similar Style), $40 at Green Honey Decor
This handmade planter could also be used as a storage vessel.
Shop Sustainable Gifts Under $50
"Do your little bit of good where you are;
it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world."
— Archbishop Desmond Tutu
1. Fabric Gift Wrap, $6+ (Each) at The Fab Wrap
The fabric helps make a long-lasting reusable gift wrap.
2. Gift Wrap That Grows and Blooms (Similar Style), $13 at Everybody Shops
This recycled paper is embedded with seeds for a secondary gift they can plant.
3. Clay Gift Tag (Similar Style), $2+ (Each) at Pretty Simps
This with love tag makes a simple and unique gift package.
4. Vintage Map Gift Bags, $2+ (Each) at The Path Less Traveled
These bags are ideal for lightweight party favors.
5. Assorted Fabric Gift Bags, $25 (12 Pack) at Amazon
These bags are reusable, durable, and cost-efficient.
6. Biodegradeable Favor Bags, $12 (48 Count) at Amazon
These bags for food party favors are biodegradable and recyclable.
7. Recycled Wrapping Paper, $5+ (Each) at Cedar River Station
This kraft paper comes with a beautiful botanical print.
8. Paper Gift Box (Similar Style), $2 at PTN Jewelry
This box is the perfect touch to jewelry gift items.
9. Personalized Gift Bag (Similar Style), $8+ (Each) at Tees Craft AU
This tote bag will be personal and versatile.
10. Handmade Gift Bag, $38 (Set of 3) at Mano Monai
Gift an art piece with this paper gift bag made with flowers and leaves. A version for small items can be found here.
11. Chalkboard Wrapping Paper (Similar Style), $18 at Soiree Supply
You can write a fun message or illustration with this paper.
12. Recycled Paper Envelopes, $21 (Pack of 10) at White Dragon Paper
These handmade envelopes are perfect for passing out cards.
13. Paper Gift Box (Similar Style), $15+ at Heilsa Diy Supply
A reusable box with a vintage buckle.
14. Seed Paper Tags, $9 (Pack of 10) at A Day to Remember Studio
These seed cards would make a good match to the gift wrap that grows or other gift wrap options.
15. Gift Card Holder, $3+ (Each) at The Blooming Brush 19
These are a special touch to a quick and easy gift.
Shop Eco-Friendly Packaging
Please share your favorite sustainable gift ideas in the comments below!
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.
10/31/2019 07:10:23 pm
Thanks Marzia, you have such a lovely product. :)
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.