It might feel outdated to some, but I love the tradition of holiday cards. They keep you in touch with friends and family each year while sending a note of love and joy their way. For inspiration on the design best for your family this year, I'm sharing several holiday card ideas in this post.
Christmas cards can be made personal with matching outfits in front of a tree or favorite photos from your adventures throughout the year. Josh and I like to gather a couple of images from our recent travels. It helps our family stay posted on what we're up to and is more authentic to who we are. What's your photo preference to include in your cards?
When Should I Order Holiday Cards?
Holiday cards take time. You have to decide on a design, finalize the card list, get everyone's updated addresses, the shipping time from the company to you, stuff and label envelopes, and travel time to the recipient. Unless you plan on expediting everything, you need to start planning your cards in early to mid-November to have them mailed out by the first week of December.
For the planners out there, companies begin promoting their holiday card categories in October. Before Halloween, you can make your order, pick up holiday stamps and have them ready to mail when the time comes. Doing this task earlier is a great way to save yourself some stress and get ahead.
When you find yourself down to the wire, choosing a template to print yourself can help you get them out on time. I've listed several template options below.
Do Holiday Cards Come With Envelopes?
Other than postcard options, cards typically include an envelope add-on that allows you to opt-out if you don't want them. It's best to double-check with the company you're purchasing your cards.
Some businesses also offer address printing for free or a small upcharge. For people like me that don't prefer their penmanship, this is a good service.
1. Modern Photo Christmas Card (Similar Style) at Leo and Lamb Designs
2. Holiday Love Card at Minted
3. Joy Floral Card (Similar Style) at Sweet Southern Paper TX
4. Very Merry Card (Similar Style) at Minted
5. Cheers Card at Minted
6. Dear Santa Card at Spruce and Willow
7. Love and Light Card (Similar Style) at Minted
8. Personalized Name Card at Lemonade Design Studio
9. Making Spirits Bright Card (Similar Style) at Elizabeth and Mae
10. Comfy Cozy Are We Card at Cards Etcetera
Shop Bold Typography Cards
1. Dual Photo Holiday Card (Similar Style) at Minted
2. With a Bow Card at Simply to Impress
3. Simple Outline Card at INVITED by Audriana
4. Happy Holidays Card Template (Similar Style) at Oh Lilly Designs
5. Pine Wreath Card (Similar Style) at Cedar and Grey Paper Co
6. So Very Merry Card Template at Fresh Cut Prints
7. Square Collage Card Template at Nib Graphics
8. Side Font Card at Springhouse Creative
9. Thin Line Card at Invited by Audriana
10. Modern Script Card at Cecilia Sebastian Co
Shop Minimalist Cards
1. Plaid Background Card at Snapfish
2. Gold Plaid Card (Similar Style) at Minted
3. Plaid Stripe Card (Similar Style) at Oh Suzy Q Designs
4. Hipster Plaid Card at Simply to Impress
5. Plaid Font Card at Wishful Paperie
6. Plaid Frame Card at Lilly Mae Designs
7. Plaid Band Card at Wishful Paperie
8. Plaid Christmas Tree Card Template at Wishful Paperie
9. Holly Plaid Card at Little Bees Graphics
10. Buffalo Check Card (Similar Style) at Lemonade Design Studio
Shop Plaid Cards
1. Wreath Card at Sweet Southern Paper TX
2. Nested Corners Card Template (Similar Style) at Standish Design Studio
3. Pine Wisps Card (Similar Style) at Minted
4. Merrily Merry Arch (Similar Style) at Minted
5. Botanical Joy Template (Similar Style) at Hazy Skies Designs
6. Circle Wreath Card at Shutterfly
7. Joyful Days Card (Similar Style) at Minted
8. Bold Botanical Card at Dean Works
9. Floral Holiday Card at Cedar and Grey Paper Co
10. Rejoice Pines Card (Similar Style) at Minted
Shop Botanical Cards
Which design category is your favorite? Be sure to share it in the comments below. My preferred card trends are minimalist and botanical.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.