It can feel a little old school, but I love the tradition of holiday cards. They help you to keep in touch with friends and family each year while sending a note of love and joy their way.
Christmas cards can be made personal with matching outfits in front of a tree holding a dog or with photos from throughout the year. We like to gather a couple of photos of our travels during the year. It helps our family stay posted on what we're up to and is more authentic to who we are. What's your photo preference to include in your cards? To help in deciding the design best for your family this year, we're sharing several ideas for holiday cards.
When Should I Order Holiday Cards?
Holiday cards take time, not only to decide on one, but deciding who's making the card list, shipping from the company to you, stuffing and addressing envelopes, and travel time to the recipient. Unless you expedite everything, you need to start planning your cards in early to mid-November to have them mailed out by the first week of December.
Do Holiday Cards Come With Envelopes?
Other than postcard options, cards typically include an envelope add on that allows you to opt-out if you don't want them. It's best to double-check with the company you're purchasing from.
1. Modern Photo Christmas Card at T3 Designs Co
2. Holiday Love Card at Minted
3. Joy Floral Card at Minted
4. Very Merry Card at Shutterfly
5. Cheers Card at Minted
6. Dear Santa Card at Spruce and Willow
7. Love and Light Card at Love Lezlee
8. Personalized Name Card at Lemonade Design Studio
9. Making Spirits Bright Card at Spruce and Willow
10. Comfy Cozy Are We Card at Cards Etcetera
Shop Bold Typography Cards
1. Split Frame Holiday Card at Minted
2. With a Bow Card at Simply to Impress
3. Simply Love Card at Minted
4. Grateful Card at Invited by Audriana
5. Pine Branch Card at Cedar and Grey Paper Co
6. So Very Merry Card at Fresh Cut Prints
7. Square Collage Card at Nib Graphics
8. Side Font Card at Springhouse Creative
9. Thin Line Card at Invited by Audriana
10. Modern Script Card at Cecilia Sebastian Co
Shop Minimalist Cards
1. Plaid Background Card at Snapfish
2. Golden Crosshatch Card at Shutterfly
3. Charming Plaid Card at Shutterfly
4. Hipster Plaid Card at Simply to Impress
5. Plaid Font Card at Wishful Paperie
6. Plaid Frame Card at Lilly Mae Designs
7. Plaid Band Card at Wishful Paperie
8. Plaid Christmas Trees Card at Calligraphy by Claire
9. Holly Plaid Card at Little Bees Graphics
10. Farmhouse Plaid Card at Creatively Cute by Lisa
Shop Plaid Cards
1. Wreath Card at Sweet Southern Paper TX
2. Nested Corners Card at Minted
3. Wintergreen Card at Minted
4. Gilded Botanics at Minted
5. Modern Gilded Joy at Minted
6. Circle Wreath Card at Shutterfly
7. Modern Botanical Card at Addie Bear Shop
8. Bold Botanical Card at Dean Works
9. Floral Holiday Card at Cedar and Grey Paper Co
10. Botanical Minimal Card at With Love by Z Studio
Shop Botanical Cards
Which one is your favorite? Be sure to share it in the comments below. My favorite card trends are minimalist and botanical. To see which one I landed on this year and for more Holiday inspiration, follow my Instagram @thegiftbulb.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may be used in posts.