Gifts for your boss are not expected but make thoughtful gestures, especially if you have a boss you want to show appreciation for, and your office environment is big on celebrations. Below, we're sharing boss gift ideas for all occasions and answers to common questions.
Is It Appropriate to Give a Gift to Your Boss?
Generally speaking, yes, but with everything, there are always exceptions. A Valentine's day gift is inappropriate. You most likely wouldn't do a birthday gift unless it's a group gift for a milestone number or the office environment is big on birthdays.
Occasions that are generally acceptable to partake in are Boss's Day, Christmas, wedding showers, baby showers, and retirement parties.
What Should I Get My Boss for Appreciation?
When looking for gifts for your boss, don't get too personal. Try to stick to what's on their registry or generic items such as food, gift sets, or alcohol gifts if the workplace environment allows for them. Other options to consider are decor for their office or desk and personalized practical work items such as pens, journals, and tumblers.
Is Boss's Day the Same Every Year?
Yes, National Boss Day is observed annually on October 16.
What Do You Do for Boss's Day?
How to celebrate is up to you and your colleagues, and should fit with the atmosphere of the company. You can go solo with small individual gifts or cards left in their office or celebrate together as a team by decorating their desks, enjoying celebration treats, or giving a group gift.
1. Coffee Mug, $12 at White Confetti Box
Bring some fun to their morning wake-up call with this novelty mug.
2. Wine Label, $7 at Vintage Lee Crafted
Perfect for a group gift, pair this light-hearted label with a nice bottle of wine.
3. Candle (Similar Style), $11+ at Blazed Candle Co
Choose a scent to match their personality with a light-hearted phrase candle.
4. Gourmet Sea Salt Caramels, $11 at Amazon
For the boss with a soft spot for candies.
5. Custom Reusable Water Bottle, $15 at Shop Midwest Market Co
Save them trips to the water cooler with this reusable water bottle.
6. Best Boss Card, $5 at Phenix Greetings
An inexpensive and fun way to celebrate.
7. Succulent with Ceramic Pot, $13 at Natural Succulents
Liven up their office with a small plant.
8. Custom Keychain, $15 at Personalized Gifts USA
This keychain can match their personality with the metal color and a custom phrase or their name.
9. Magnetic Putty, $14 at Uncommon Goods.
This putty makes for interesting desktop art.
10. Phone Sound Amplifier (Similar Style), $9 at Walmart
A small decorative speaker for their office.
Shop Boss Gifts Under $15
1. Personalized Leather Journal, $25 at Pacific Customs
For the boss that's jotting down notes and brainstorming sessions.
2. Wood Pen Set, $25 at My Personal Memories
Pen sets are a classic boss gift.
3. Custom Desk Plate, $17 at Trophy Outlet
A great way to commemorate the team's favorite phrase from your boss.
4. The Everything Store, $17 at Amazon
Spruce up their coffee table decor with a business book.
5. Custom Paperweight (Similar Style), $25+ at Jkk Gifts
This paperweight is a simple and practical personalized gift.
6. Magnetic Sand Hourglass (Similar Style), $17 at Amazon
For the boss that likes gadgets.
7. Snack Box (Similar Style), $25 at Amazon
This snack box will provide the perfect mid-day pick me up.
8. Aromatherapy Kit, $20 at The Northern Oil Drop
These make for great stress relief during the workday.
9. Popcorn Gift Bundle (Similar Style), $20 at Amazon
These Amish popcorn kernels will make for a tasty afternoon treat and give back to women in need.
10. Cookie Box, $ 20 at Mrs. Fields
These bite-sized cookies will make a delicious treat.
Shop Boss Gifts Under $25
1. Docking Station, $33+ at Personalized Gifts EU
For the boss that likes to keep organized.
2. Custom Travel Mug, $26 at Only Gifts Dot Com
Add their favorite phrase or the team slogan to this custom travel mug.
3. Boss Tea Gift Set, $40 at Sereni Tea Wellness
For the boss that opts for tea.
4. Zen Wishing Stone, $28 at Uncommon Goods
If they enjoy meditation, they'll appreciate this slate tablet.
5. Boozy Bites Gift Box, $45 at Fountain Gifts
This box is full of bourbon and scotch-infused sweets.
6. Classic Indulgence Box, $40 at Edible Arrangements
They can indulge in this chocolate-covered fruit gift box.
7. Globe Thermometer (Similar Style), $23 at Amazon
A unique conversation starter for the desk.
8. Red Wine Gift Crate, $50 at Gourmet Gift Baskets.
This gift set is for the boss that enjoys happy hour.
9. Glass Animal Sculpture (Similar Style), $47 at Art Glass Studio Wpg
This giraffe will make a unique decor piece and is handmade.
10. Perpetual Calendar (Similar Style), $49 at Freddie Store
Great art for the modern office.
Shop Boss Gifts Under $50
What are you gifting your boss this year? Do you have any celebrations you avoid or feel you want to participate in at the office? Be sure to share your tips and best boss gift ideas below in the comments section.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.