Baby onesies can easily be made into unique baby gifts and are the perfect small gift option or complement to any registry. They're fun, personalized, and inexpensive, making them ideal for coworkers and acquaintances. Today I'm sharing answers to a few general onesie questions and options to give to the new mom and dad.
A baby onesie shower is a great office idea for coworkers and a change-up from a diaper shower. They're affordable for coworkers, the new parents still get the excitement of opening something new, and it's a practical gift. Babies grow fast, so if you can coordinate with your workmates, try to get a variety of sizes.
What is a Onesie for a Baby?
A baby onesie is a bodysuit made to be comfortable for the baby. It's also a quick and easy change for the parents when they're in a hurry to keep the baby calm. There are slits at the shoulders for it to easily be taken off babies without going over their head, which is perfect for the diaper horror stories we all hear about, as well as buttons at the crotch area for fast diaper changes.
How Many Onesies Does a Baby Need?
According to Gerber Childrenswear, babies will go through at least 2 changes per day, that's 14 onesies per week. Based on this, it's needless to say, being showered with onesies will be appreciated.
How Much Does a Baby Onesie Cost?
Onesies should be low-priced. Babies grow out of them quickly, and they usually get a lot of wear and tear with spit-up and other typical baby wardrobe incidents. There are several options below under the $15 and $25 price points.
What Are Some Unique Baby Onesies?
Unique baby onesies tend to be personal and custom to the parents and their personalities. Parodies of their hobbies, interests, and even favorite TV shows make for playful and fun options. There are several ideas below to spark up some inspiration.
1. Player 3 Onesie, $14 at Amazon
This onesie has a light-hearted gaming spin on it.
2. Alphabet Baby Name Onesie, $16+ at Littlee Designs Shop
Customize the first letter of their baby's name with the alphabet. This would be a personalized take on A is for Apple.
3. My Siblings Have Tails Onesie, $14 at Amazon
If their parents are pet owners, this onesie ties in the baby's inevitable love for animals.
4. Surname Onesie, $13 at Lullabox Dot Com
This onesie celebrates the newest member of the family.
5. Formula Onesie, $11+ at Amazon
A mathematical spin on baby formula.
6. Auntie Alpaca Onesie, $16+ at Snuggle Monkeys CC
A nod to their favorite Auntie.
7. Nightmare Before Bedtime Onesie, $12 at Amazon
A take on a classic Halloween movie.
8. Tax Deduction Onesie, $14 at Amazon
This is a novelty spin for parents that are accountants.
9. House White Onesie, $14 at Amazon
Give them a laugh with this funny onesie.
10. Freshly Brewed Onesie, $17+ at Sweet Lil Bebe
For the parents that run on coffee.
11. Snuggle This Muggle Onesie, $14 at Amazon
Share the magical world of witches and wizards with this onesie.
12. Texas Onesie, $13+ at Madi Moosh Boutique
This will give them love from Texas.
Shop Baby Onesies
"The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts."
13. Little Sprout Onesie, $28+ at Love Plus Lore
An earthy way to mark the new bundle of joy.
14. Zodiac Onesie (Similar Style), $20 at Rhetty Set Go
This shop makes all the zodiac signs and custom orders.
15. House Name Onesie (Similar Style), $10 at Qck Prints
A great option for GOT fans.
16. Treble Maker Onesie, $24+ at Stylish Littles
For the musically talented family.
17. In Omnia Paratus Onesie (Similar Style), $14 at Butterfly by Heather
A fun onesie for the Rory and Logan character fans.
18. The Force That Awakens You Onesie, $13+ at Amazon
A parody on getting little sleep with a newborn.
19. Cutie Pie Onesie, $14 at Amazon
A fun spin on cutie pie.
20. Latte Onesie, $20+ at The Beachy Baby
A fun-spirited onesie for the coffee lover.
21. Mama's Favorite Human Onesie, $16 at Say It Now Boutique
For the mama's girl or boy.
22. New to the Zoo Onesie, $16 at Moxie And King
A playful spin on how crazy things can be with a newborn.
23. Farm Fresh Onesie, $17+ at Paper Cow Clothing
A cute take for the farmhouse style.
24. Friends Onesie, $15 at One Stop Sussenshop
Give them their own episode title for a classic show.
Shop Baby Onesies
Although cute onesies make a great gift on their own, below are a few ways to pair them:
1. Add in a headband or hat to help accessorize the outfit.
2. Throw in a pair of shorts or pants to go over the onesie.
3. Put a pair of baby mittens with the onesie to help prevent scratching.
Share your favorite onesie for baby gifts or a unique way to gift onesies in the comments below. Being a coffee lover myself, I'm finding the freshly brewed baby onesie to be a favorite.
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.