Wedding anniversary gifts are a time-honored tradition that commemorates the couple and their marriage growth each year and is symbolized by customary items reflecting the strength and establishment gained. In this post, we'll be covering the traditional 5th-anniversary gift, wood, everything it symbolizes, answers to common questions, and gift inspiration.
What is the Traditional 5-year Anniversary Gift?
Wood is the traditional 5th wedding anniversary gift.
Why is Wood the Traditional 5th Anniversary Gift?
Wood represents longevity, wisdom, and a solidified relationship. It is a natural and renewable material that can symbolize how marriage can weather the storm and replenish with the strength and love built over the years.
Is 5 year Anniversary a Milestone?
It most certainly is something to celebrate. While it's not always been easy, you've created a durable and long-lasting relationship with each other.
What Do You Get Your Wife for Your 5th Anniversary?
Anything for the home would fit in well here, something hand-carved and uniquely made, or maybe something to add to her decor collection.
What Do I Get My Husband for Our 5th Anniversary?
Items for cookouts or to help with the organization are great. Anything hobby-related is always a good starting point too.
How Do You Celebrate Your 5th Anniversary?
In the previous anniversary posts looking towards the future has always been suggested, which can still be done but looking down memory lane to see how far you've come is a sweet way to commemorate it as well.
Picking out a piece of furniture or decor together would make for a lovely outing, or planning a night in to enjoy your new BBQ or kitchen additions is always a tasty option. Below are several ideas to get you thinking of the best find for your loved one that could inspire how you celebrate.
1. Wood Rose, $14 at Wooden Gifts Box
This would make a great addition to roses from anniversaries past.
2. BBQ Wood Chips Set of 2, $14 at Uncommon Goods
For the guy that loves to grill.
3. Custom Bookmark, $13+ at Allinclusive Store
A simple, useful, and personal gift.
4. Custom Guitar Pick, $10+ at Pickslays Woodworking
A sweet keepsake for the music lover.
5. Dove Ornament (Similar Style), $12+ at Texas Mesquite Works Co
A symbol of love to hang on the tree every year.
6. Heart Magnet, $10 at Paint Custom Art
A simple and personal gift. Pair it with your favorite photo of the two of you.
7. Infused Salt, Smoked, $10 at Williams Sonoma
This cherry wood smoked salt is a flavorful take on this anniversary.
8. Song Code Keychain, $10 at Hayberry Designs
Link your first dance song to this keychain as a memento.
9. Coasters (Similar Style), $14+ at Pin Craft Studio
A handmade and lovely set.
10. Wood Heart Card, $6 at Cherry Noodle UK
A low-key sentiment.
Shop Gifts Under $15
1. Whiskey Barrel Cufflinks, $17+ at Tims Wood Designs
I gifted these to Josh one year. They are larger than an average cufflink size when wearing but nice and a great conversation piece.
2. Wood Planter (Similar Style), $25+ at Awesome Stones
If they enjoy plants, gift them a unique planter like this carved teak branch design. For one-of-a-kind custom sizes, shapes, and finish options, check out this one.
3. Reclaimed Wood Earrings. $22+ at PONO Creations
An eco-friendly gift handmade in Hawaii.
4. Cross (Similar Style), $16 at The Good Shepherd Store
Olive wood in Bethlehem makes up this beautiful handmade piece.
5. Weekend Dice, $25+ at Sugar Blush Studio
Always have something to do with these ideas. You can also upgrade to customize the activities to fit with both of your personalities.
6. Wallet, $20+ at at Premium Gifts US
This slim wallet is a minimalist update from the traditional bulkier wallets. It can also be engraved.
7. Mixing Spoon, $15 at Oak Knoll Creations
A sweet kitchen keepsake.
8. Animal Wood Carving, $23+ at Bikindi Wood Carving
Opt for a figurine of one of their favorite animals like this elephant.
9. Trivet, $20 at Crate and Barrel
A modern touch to an everyday kitchen item.
10. Candle (Similar Style), $16 at Grantham Apothecary Co
A deep and rich wood fragrance.
Shop Gifts Under $25
1. Personalized Wood Photo, $38+ at Dream Big Printables
This keepsake piece comes ready to hang.
2. Canteen, $35 at Corkcicle
A wood-inspired canteen is a sensible and useful gift.
3. Handmade Wood Bracelet, $29 at Angie Wood Creations Co
Great everyday wear for him or her that can also be engraved.
4. Thumb Piano, $40 at The Grommet
A new handcrafted instrument for them to play you sweet music.
5. Cutting Board, $38+ at Rustic Flitch
Plain or personalized, this unique piece will come in handy.
6. Pocket Knife, $47 at Knife Country USA
This can be a new addition or upgrade to an everyday essential.
7. Floating Photo Ledge (Similar Style), $25+ at JTs Custom Woodworks
A perfect addition to a picture wall.
8. Pizza Peel, $33 at North Sota
Perfect for the pizza lover.
9.Wireless Charger, $47 at Skin Wood Work Shop
This little station can be laser etched with a note or photo.
10. Wood Photo Puzzle, $35+ at In A Flash Laser
Customize this gift even further with your state outlines of where you met, got engaged, or currently live.
Shop Gifts Under $50
1. Family Tree Wood Art, $55+ at Foxbairn
A lovely décor piece to showcase the growth of your family.
2. Cookbook & Tablet Stand, $60 at Uncommon Goods
This practical gift is made from reclaimed wood.
3. Accessory Stand, $58+ at Mij Moj Design
A nice display and home for items worn daily.
4. Heart Necklace, $96 at Liel and Lentz
This delicate heart has five silver dots commemorating each year together.
5. Wooden Watch, $85 at Havern Watches
The back of this watch can be engraved with a sweet note.
6. Smoked Cocktail Gift Set, $69 at Motor City Barrels
Enhance their at-home drinking experience with this gift.
7. Fountain Pen, $75 at The Wood Reserve
This pen is durable and refillable.
8. Sunglasses, $95 at All Wood Everything
There are designs and shapes for all styles.
9. Bow Tie, $75 at The Wood Reserve
A unique conversation piece with a silk knot.
10. Chess Game (Similar Style), $95 at Pro Sud Web
A handcrafted set for the chess enthusiast.
Shop Gifts Under $100
Be sure to share below how you and your loved one celebrated your fifth anniversary. We hope it's a memorable one, and we wish you lots of joy as you embark on your sixth year of marriage!
Until next time,
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.